Credit Account Application including Terms & Conditions ($770)
For the wholesale supply of goods to customers on credit (eg. 30 day payment terms)
Do I need a Credit Account Application?
If you sell goods/products to customers on a wholesale or credit basis (eg. you allow your customers to pay you after they have received the goods/products from you) then you need them to sign a Credit Account Application with you, to ensure you are best protected from a legal standpoint. Having a good Credit Account Application can significantly increase your chances of recovering payment from your customer, especially in circumstances where they go broke before they pay you!
What will the Credit Account Application cover?
Your ELBizDocs Credit Account Application will allow you to collect the correct details from your customer to assist you in recovering any debt owed by them in the future. It will also ensure that you have a legal right collect the correct information to allow you to register your interest in the goods/products supplied to the customer on the Personal Property Securities Register (the PPSR) – this will be particularly important if the customer goes into liquidation or administration and you want to take back the goods/products you have supplied them (if they have not yet on-sold them). If you do not have a well-drafted Credit Account Application, supported by valid PPSR registrations, you will not have any legal right to recover the goods/products! A signed Credit Account Application supported by valid PPSR registrations will also ensure that payment of your debt takes priority over payment to other creditors.
What is included with this ELBizDoc?
If you purchase this Credit Account Application, you will receive:
- a Credit Account Application (in Word format) customised for your particular circumstances and based on the information provided in your Interview; and
- contact from one of our leading business lawyers, to answer any questions that you might have in relation to the Credit Account Application.
Do not buy this ELBizDoc if...
Contact us first before purchasing this ELBizDoc if any of the following apply:
- you want the document to be enforceable in a country other than Australia;
- you are not supplying goods 'on credit' (eg. your customers must pay you prior to you supplying them with the goods) - our ELBizDocs Terms and Conditions (Sale of Goods) will likely be appropriate in these circumstances;
- you are not sure whether the document will be applicable to your particular circumstances.
I'm ready, let's do this!
This Interview will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Before starting, you will need to have handy:
- the details of the legal entity that owns your business (including ACN and ABN details, as applicable);
- information about your business (eg. what types of goods/products that you sell, how orders are placed, how delivery is made, returns policy);
- information regarding the terms of credit that you offer customers (eg. the timeframe for payment); and
- other basic contact information.
By hitting 'Start' on this Interview, you acknowledge and agree:
- that we (Enterprise Legal (Qld) Trading Pty Ltd ACN 621 481 507 trading as Enterprise Legal Qld ABN 75 621 481 507) are providing you with legal services and the terms of our ELBizDocs Costs Agreement apply to the provision of these services;
- we are not providing you with accounting and taxation advice in relation to these services and we strongly recommend that you seek advice from an appropriate professional in this regard;
- we are not providing you with legal advice in relation to these services or any other services, apart from:
(a) the generic advice that is provided on this page and throughout your Interview; and
(b) the specific advice provided to you by a member of our EL Team, once you have completed your order;
- we will use all reasonable endeavours to create the Credit Account Application within three Business Days (starting on the day after we receive your order, if it is placed after 12pm), but will not be liable to you if we are unable to meet this timeframe; and
- once your order is placed, you are unable to cancel it (this however, does not exclude any rights that you may have pursuant to the Legal Profession Act 2007 (Qld)).