Debt Recovery ($330)
Including preparation and service of a Letter of Demand and up to three follow-up phone calls to the debtor, to secure payment
Why should I use EL’s debt recovery service?
At Enterprise Legal, we know that cash flow is king. We also know that your time is better spent on delivering exceptional service to your customers, and not wasting time and resources trying to recover payment. Our experience shows that a letter of demand from a lawyer is more likely to prompt payment than a follow up invoice or letter of demand from your business.
The debtor didn’t sign a Contract/Agreement with me, can I still recover the debt?
Yes! While having something signed (or even something in writing) with the debtor usually makes it easier for us to recover the debt, we may still be able to recover the debt on the basis that a verbal and/or implied agreement has been reached. You will have an opportunity to provide all of these details when completing the Interview.
Am I entitled to a refund if the debtor doesn’t pay?
No, our Debt Recovery service is not a ‘no win, no fee’ service. Unfortunately, while we pride ourselves on recovery a high proportion of the debts that we are engaged to recover, we are not able to guarantee that we can recover your debt.
The only circumstances in which you will be entitled to a refund is if we are prevented by our ethical duties from acting for you in recovering the debt due to a conflict of interest.
What is included with this ELBizDoc?
If you purchase our Debt Recovery service, our debt recovery lawyers will:
- prepare and validly serve a Letter of Demand on the debtor, requesting payment of the debt;
- make up to three follow-up phone calls to the debtor (subject to you providing us with a valid contact phone number/s) to assist in securing repayment;
- contact you to explain the process and provide you with regular updates regarding the debt recovery process; and
- provide you with further options in relation to recovering the debt, should the debtor not pay after receiving the letter and making the follow-up phone calls.
Do not buy this ELBizDoc if...
Contact us first before purchasing this ELBizDoc if any of the following apply:
- if the debt owed is over $15k;
- if the debtor has given you a reason as to why they have not paid and the reason is not money-related (eg. they dispute the quantity/quality of the goods, they dispute that the goods have been supplied to them etc.) - this Debt Recovery service is only appropriate for debtors where the debtor has simply not paid without providing a reason (or if their reason is that they cannot afford to make payment). If the debtor has raised a dispute, please contact our team to discuss how we can help you further;
- the debtor is located outside of Australia;
- you have debts owed by more than ten (10) different debtors that need collecting - we will be able to provide you with a fee quotation for the collection of ten or more debts at the same time;
- you are not sure whether our Debt Recovery service will be applicable to your particular circumstances.
I'm ready, let's do this!
This Interview will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
Before starting, you will need to have handy:
- the details of the legal entity that owns your business (including ACN and ABN details, as applicable);
- the details of the legal entity that owns the debtor's business (including ACN and ABN details, as applicable);
- the debtor's contact details, including a street address (we cannot serve the demand on a PO Box);
- details of what products or services you provided to the debtor;
- copies of the paperwork between your business and the debtor;
- details of the history of your efforts to collect the debt to date; and
- other basic contact information.
By hitting 'Start' on this Interview, you acknowledge and agree:
- that we (Enterprise Legal (Qld) Trading Pty Ltd ACN 621 481 507 trading as Enterprise Legal Qld ABN 75 621 481 507) are providing you with legal services and the terms of our ELBizDocs Costs Agreement apply to the provision of these services;
- we are not providing you with accounting and taxation advice in relation to these services and we strongly recommend that you seek advice from an appropriate professional in this regard;
- we are not providing you with legal advice in relation to these services or any other services, apart from:
(a) the generic advice that is provided on this page and throughout your Interview; and
(b) the specific advice provided to you by a member of our EL Team, once you have completed your order;
- we will use all reasonable endeavours to start the Debt Recovery process within three Business Days (starting on the day after we receive your order, if it is placed after 12pm), but will not be liable to you if we are unable to meet this timeframe; and
- once your order is placed, you are unable to cancel it (this however, does not exclude any rights that you may have pursuant to the Legal Profession Act 2007 (Qld)).