Non-Disclosure / Confidentiality Agreement ($330)
For use in relation to a proposed business sale, proposed collaboration or other disclosure of information
What is a Non-Disclosure / Confidentiality Agreement?
A Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) (also known as a Confidentiality Agreement) is a legal document between at least two parties that refers to certain confidential information (usually associated with a business or project) that one party wishes to share with the other party, subject to the other party agreeing only to use the confidential information for a certain purpose. A Non-Disclosure Agreement can also be 'two-way', where both parties share confidential information with each other.
Can you use this Non-Disclosure / Confidentiality Agreement?
A Non-Disclosure Agreement is typically used in the following scenarios:
- where a party is selling a business and wants to share confidential information (including financial data) with a prospective purchaser (this is a one-way NDA);
- where two parties are considering collaborating together on a project or venture and need to share their respective confidential information (this is a two-way NDA); or
- where one party is seeking investment in their business from another party and the other party wants to see confidential information of the business (usually financial data) (this is usually a one-way NDA).
There are other scenarios where it is also appropriate to enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement. There are also other scenarios where the content of the NDA should be incorporated into a broader document governing the relationship between the parties. If you are unsure whether the ELBizDocs NDA will cover your circumstances, please email us at prior to commencing your order.
What is included with this ELBizDoc?
If you purchase this Non-Disclosure Agreement, you will receive:
- a Non-Disclosure Agreement (in PDF format) customised for your particular circumstances and based on the information provided in your Interview;
- the option to purchase a template (Microsoft Word) version of the Non-Disclosure Document for an additional $110.00 including GST, that includes the accompanying licence to use the template to enter into various Agreements with various parties; and
- contact from one of our leading business lawyers, to answer any questions that you might have in relation to the NDA.
Do not buy this ELBizDoc if...
Contact us first before purchasing this ELBizDoc if any of the following apply:
- you want the Agreement to be enforceable in a country other than Australia;
- you want to disclose confidential information to an employee - this should be covered in an Employment Agreement, not a standalone NDA - please contact us if you would like assistance in this regard;
- you want to disclose confidential information to a business providing services to your business (for example, an engineer or manufacturer) - this should be covered in a Services Agreement, not a standalone NDA - please contact us if you would like assistance in this regard; or
- you are not sure whether the Agreement will be applicable to your particular circumstances.
I'm ready, let's do this!
This Interview will take approximately 15 - 20 minutes to complete.
Before starting, you will need to have handy:
- the legal entity details of both parties (including ACN and ABN details, as applicable);
- addresses for each party;
- details regarding the reason why you need the Agreement;
- details regarding the Confidential Information that you are trying to protect; and
- other basic contact information.
By hitting 'Start' on this Interview, you acknowledge and agree:
- that we (Enterprise Legal (Qld) Trading Pty Ltd ACN 621 481 507 trading as Enterprise Legal Qld ABN 75 621 481 507) are providing you with legal services and the terms of our ELBizDocs Costs Agreement apply to the provision of these services;
- we are not providing you with accounting and taxation advice in relation to these services and we strongly recommend that you seek advice from an appropriate professional in this regard;
- we are not providing you with legal advice in relation to these services or any other services, apart from:
(a) the generic advice that is provided on this page and throughout your Interview; and
(b) the specific advice provided to you by a member of our EL Team, once you have completed your order;
- we will use all reasonable endeavours to create the Non-Disclosure / Confidentiality Deed within three Business Days (starting on the day after we receive your order, if it is placed after 12pm), but will not be liable to you if we are unable to meet this timeframe; and
- once your order is placed, you are unable to cancel it (this however, does not exclude any rights that you may have pursuant to the Legal Profession Act 2007 (Qld)).