Essentials - Start-Up Business ($1,300)
Do I need this bundle of documents?
Yes, if you are the owner of a start-up business or a small business who has not had your legal documents prepared by a business lawyer.
Website Terms and Conditions
If your business has a Website, you need Website Terms and Conditions to set out your users’ rights and obligations in relation to using the Website. This is particularly important if your users can upload content, post photos or post comments on the Website or where you allow the user to input their personal information into the Website. Our Website Terms and Conditions can also help limit your liability to users of your Website.
Key Terms Document
Having a well-drafted, appropriate Agreement with your customers or clients can protect you in relation to matters of legal liability and ongoing payment, as the Agreement sets out the terms and conditions upon which you agree to provide goods/products or services to your customers or clients.
You will need to select which ‘key terms’ document is the most appropriate for your business, from the following:
- Membership or Subscription Agreement - if you offer membership or subscription-based services to clients or customers. Some examples of the types of businesses who require this type of document include gyms and other health and fitness operators, membership organisations or monthly ‘gift’ subscription services;
- Services Agreement - if you offer services to clients or customers. Some examples of the types of businesses who require this type of Agreement include health professionals, personal trainers, photographers, project managers, graphic designers, web designers, digital marketers etc.
- Terms and Conditions (Sale of Goods) - if you sell goods or products to customers;
- Credit Account Application including Terms and Conditions (Wholesale) - if you sell goods/products to customers on a wholesale or credit basis (eg. you allow your customers to pay you after they have received the goods/products from you).
What is included with this ELBizDoc?
If you purchase this Essentials – Start-Up Business bundle, you will receive:
- Website Terms and Conditions (in Word format) customised for your particular Website and based on the information provided in your Interview;
- one of the following:
(a) Membership or Subscription Agreement (in Word format);
(b) Services Agreement (in Word format);
(c) Terms and Conditions (Sale of Goods) (in Word format); or
(d) Credit Account Application including Terms and Conditions (Wholesale) (in Word format);
customised for your particular business and based on the information provided in your Interview;
- an ongoing, irrevocable licence to use the documents in the business for which they have been prepared (eg. you can't use the same document for multiple businesses - if you need multiple documents, please contact our team for a fee quotation); and
- contact from one of our leading business lawyers, to answer any questions that you might have in relation to the documents.
Do not buy this ELBizDoc if...
Contact us first before purchasing this ELBizDoc if any of the following apply:
- you want the documents to be enforceable in a country other than Australia; or
- you are not sure whether these documents will be applicable to your particular business and/or circumstances.
I'm ready, let's do this!
This Interview will take approximately 25 - 35 minutes to complete.
Before starting, you will need to have handy:
- the details of the legal entity that operates your business (including ACN and ABN details, as applicable);
- details regarding the nature of your business, including the following (subject to which key terms document you select):
(a) information about your business (eg. what types of good/products/services you sell/provide, whether you employ or engage contractors to provide services to clients/customers, how orders are placed, how delivery is made, returns policy);
(b) information regarding the terms of any membership or subscription (eg. minimum sign-up term, fees and charges payable, whether an upfront payment is required to be made);
(c) details regarding any services provided (eg. where they are provided, whether clients/customers are required to make bookings; and
(d) information regarding the terms of credit that you offer customers (eg. the timeframe for payment);
- details regarding how you collect, store and use information;
- details regarding the different features/functions on your Website (eg. does it include an online store, an online booking function, a blog where you express your views on different matters, a forum where users can contribute comments etc.);
- details of the information that you collect from clients/customer and users of your Website; and
- other basic contact information, including your website address.
By hitting 'Start' on this Interview, you acknowledge and agree:
- that we (Enterprise Legal (Qld) Trading Pty Ltd ACN 621 481 507 trading as Enterprise Legal Qld ABN 75 621 481 507) are providing you with legal services and the terms of our ELBizDocs Costs Agreement apply to the provision of these services;
- we are not providing you with accounting and taxation advice in relation to these services and we strongly recommend that you seek advice from an appropriate professional in this regard;
- we are not providing you with legal advice in relation to these services or any other services, apart from:
(a) the generic advice that is provided on this page and throughout your Interview; and
(b) the specific advice provided to you by a member of our EL Team, once you have completed your order;
- we will use all reasonable endeavours to create the documents within five Business Days (starting on the day after we receive your order, if it is placed after 12pm), but will not be liable to you if we are unable to meet this timeframe; and
- once your order is placed, you are unable to cancel it (this however, does not exclude any rights that you may have pursuant to the Legal Profession Act 2007 (Qld)).