Fair Work Commission Wage Increase Announced – 2.5%
The Fair Work Commission has just announced that the National Minimum Wage and all wages in Modern Awards will increase by 2.5%.
The new National Minimum Wage will be $772.60 per week or $20.33 per hour from 1 July 2021.
The increases for Modern Awards will be staggered across a select number of Awards.
The General Retail Industry Award 2020 wages will increase by 2.5% on 1 September 2021.
The following Awards will have their minimum wages increased by 2.5% on 1 November 2021:
- Air Pilots Award 2020
- Aircraft Cabin Crew Award 2020
- Airline Operations – Ground Staff Award 2020
- Airport Employees Award 2020
- Airservices Australia Enterprise Award 2016
- Alpine Resorts Award 2020
- Amusement, Events and Recreation Award 2020
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Industry Award 2020
- Fitness Industry Award 2020
- Hair and Beauty Industry Award 2010
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020
- Live Performance Award 2020
- Mannequins and Models Award 2020
- Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award 2020
- Nursery Award 2020
- Racing Clubs Events Award 2020
- Racing Industry Ground Maintenance Award 2020
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2020
- Restaurant Industry Award 2020
- Sporting Organisations Award 2020
- Travelling Shows Award 2020
- Wine Industry Award 2020
All other modern awards will have their minimum wages increased by 2.5% on 1 July 2021.
Learn more about the wage increase: Join Amie Mish-Wills – Principal Legal Advisor Workplace Relations and Alistair Green – Director FocusHR on the 1st of July 2021 for the Chamber of Commerce Fair Work Legislation Update Breakfast.