Leading Toowoomba Construction Lawyers
Enterprise Legal’s Construction Law Team is headed up by firm director Sharné Lategan, a pre-eminent building and construction lawyer on the Darling Downs.
At Enterprise Legal we have years of experience working with principals, head contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and homeowners.
Whether the project you are tendering for or working on, is a house, office building, residential or commercial development or other civil or infrastructure project, the EL Construction Law Team has the expertise and dedication to make the process as smooth as possible.
Our motto is simple, prevention is always better than cure! We have experience and expertise in reviewing a number of construction contracts including bespoke construction contracts, Australian Standards’ construction contracts, Master Builders’ construction contracts and more.
We review our construction contracts by implementing a ‘traffic light’ risk system, explaining how the contract operates, identifying high risk clauses and providing pragmatic and commercial advice on how to manage or contract out of these risks.
Because prevention is better than cure, Enterprise Legal works with your business to ensure that your in-house processes and procedures are set up to best enhance the administration of construction contracts and allow you to appropriately manage risks.
We assist a number of developers and contractors by providing monthly retainer contract administration services as follows:
- Reviewing and advising on critical contract and legal timeframes
- Reviewing and advising on construction variations
- Reviewing and advising on extension of time claims and delay claims
- Reviewing and advising on payment claims and preparing payment certificates
- General management, advice and support on a project-by-project basis, where you can contact us at any time with ad-hoc questions or queries regarding your rights and liabilities
We also prepare construction contract administration manuals and precedents for clients, and provide training for their staff on how to administer and implement same.
When a dispute arises on a project, we provide our clients with practical, easy to understand legal advice. We will always try to commercially resolve a dispute wherever possible, but when the matter cannot be resolved between the parties, we are here to represent your rights and interests to the fullest extent.
We can assist you by providing the following fixed-fee dispute related services:
- Informal negotiations to resolve a dispute early on wherever possible
- Representing you in expert construction determination, construction arbitration or construction litigation
- Preparation of adjudication applications and/or adjudication responses
Fixed fee or capped billing for all services
Contact us to find out how we can help you or to obtain a quote.